Planting and Husbandry Work - general horticultural (field) worker
- Location: New Farm Produce Ltd, Lichfield, Staffs WS13 8EX
- Salary: NLW - currently £8.91/h, some tasks are piecework based and performance bonus is available, overtime available at 125% after 48hrs
- Working hours: 20-55/week, 5-6 days per week, seasonal variation includes Saturday or Sunday work and variable start time from 6.00 am
- Job type: Seasonal, full-time
We are looking for motivated, reliable, and hardworking individuals to join our team. The roles are very hands on, and you will be involved in variety of field production tasks. Jobs will be offered on a seasonal basis, but it also provides the opportunity for further permanent employment if you prove to be hard-working and reliable.
You do not require any specific qualifications but working in the field can be physically and mentally hard, especially in adverse weather conditions. The job includes some of the following tasks: planting, weeding, pruning, deleafing, deflowering, runners cutting, plants pulling, spawn removal, raking, constructing plant support. Many tasks involve bending and lifting so you need to be physically fit, motivated, and prepared for hard work.
Many jobs are on a piece work basis, meaning the more productive you are, the more money you can earn tasks will vary depending on the season, crop, weather, and customer demand. You will be expected to achieve a minimum performance target for each given task.
Training will be provided on each task performed.
We are looking for people who are:
- Comfortable to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Good manual and dextrous skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Flexible attitude to tasks delegated
- Good basic level of English language
- Able to work at speed or to targets
You will require your own transport to travel to/from our farm.
Please apply in writing with your current CV to by email